leopard jacket: fever, white tshirt: TBC, red jeans: torrid, brown boots: ASOS.
17 Sundays One Way Or Another Dress Review
So the babes over at 17 Sundays sent me their ‘One Way Or Another‘ dress to review. My favourite thing about it (besides the animal print, obviously) – the sleeves! It’s a pretty versatile dress so I decided to show you guys a day time and a night time kind of look with it.
Let’s start with night:
This is a pretty tried-and-true look of mine – cute dress, leather jacket, black tights and heels. I think the animal print really pops against the black leather jacket.
And for day time:
The majority of my dresses are a fair bit shorter than this and at first I thought this was a bit long for me but after wearing it around with bare legs for a while I actually really liked the length. It was kind of nice not to be pulling my dress down to avoid showing everyone my underwear haha.
Now you guys know that I am a member of the ‘no unnecessary belts club’ and I haven’t defected but I know a lot of people like belts and 17 Sundays sent me their Mercy Belt so I thought I would show you guys how it looks with the dress:
My final thoughts – I love the sleeves, the print, the length and I think it hangs really nicely. The material is a bit thick though so I don’t think this would work too well on a hot summer day but it’s great for warm-ish evenings or cooler days. And even Garfield approved:
Rouge Artist Intense
dress – ASOS, leather jacket: angry young and poor, scarf: gift from my housemate, creepers: demonia, lipstick: makeup forever – rouge artist intense #14
I actually didn’t really like this dress when it first arrived, I’ve since embraced but I hate that after a couple of hours wear it stretches out and goes all baggy down the bottom. When I first put it on it’s really figure hugging all the way down to just below my knees but after wearing it/walking around for an hour or two the bottom goes all baggy and starts ride up/lose it’s shape. I do however really really love this lipstick that my housemate brought me from her recent trip to Europe. I’ve actually got two other purple lipsticks (one from Mac and one from Chanel) but this one is just tiny bit lighter and looks very purpley, whereas the other two verge on black.
I was planning on taking some photos of this outfit in my backyard but as soon as I stepped outside it started raining! So here are some lounge room PhotoBooth pictures instead:
dress – ASOS,, tights: c/o We Love Colors, jacket: New Look, boots: ASOS, painting of either Michael Jackson or a Rabbi in the background: op shop.
And I wanted to show you guys this necklace that I bought from Little Pancakes recently:
I’m not a big necklace wearer but I can’t seem to take this one off, I love it.
I haven’t made a wishlist post in quite a while. I guess I’ve just been buying all the things and not wanting for anything. But anyway here are some things I am lusting after that I haven’t made the plunge to buy just yet.
1. The Descendents four pack mug set. Honestly there’s probably nothing very punk rock about drinking tea while eating scones which is something I’ve been doing a lot lately and I feel like these mugs would cut a bit of the whimsy out of my cups of tea. Or coffee, although I’m sticking pretty true to cold brew iced coffee in a big glass with lots of ice cubes these days. Along with these mugs, you can buy some cool Descendents shirts and hoodies etc. And if you don’t know who Descendents are shame on you! Get over to YouTube right now.
2. It’s going to be full blown summer in less than a month and it’s already heating up here in Melbourne, is it really the time to buy another leather jacket? Probably not but man this one is speaking to me. Lamb leather, sizing up to XXL and incredibly reasonable pricing. I’m really trying to resist but I don’t know how much longer I can hold out.
3. Is it an overshare to tell you guys that I somehow misplaced my last garter belt and I need a new one? Well, if it is I’m sorry. But I really can’t find mine and I do own a fair few pairs of thigh highs that need to be held up somehow. This Hush Hush Sweet Garter from Hips and Curves looks pretty perfect.
4. Saddle shoes! They’re adorable, right? I remember reading about someone wearing them in that book Girl by Blake Nelson when I was a teenager and I’ve wanted a pair ever since. I’m currently eyeing off this pair from Funtasma as well as a pair by Melissa and some on GoJane.com
5. I’m obsessed with red skinny jeans. I just keep seeing people wearing them both online and in real life and looking amazing and I need to get in on it. These Jester Red Skinny Jeans from Torrid fit the bill pretty well expect for dealing with Torrid’s shipping to Australia prices – the shipping is only slightly less than the cost of the jeans! I’m going to hunt around for a pair closer to home but if not I might just have to suck it up and pay the postage.
Some other things on my wishlist: PopTarts (apple & cinnamon to be exact), new curtains for my bedroom and time to get my eyes tested/get some glasses.
Make sure you go have a look at the FAT AUS BLOG SHOP, things are selling pretty steadily but there’s still a fair few things left. And if you get in/pay before Sunday night your package will be heading your way by Monday.
FAT AUS BLOG SHOP!
All these clothes/shoes and more are currently for sale on the FAT AUS BLOG SHOP! I have done an enormous closet clean out and listed almost 40 items today, most of which haven’t been worn more than a couple of times (some are brand new with tags). Everything you need to know:
- Postage prices within Australia are listed but I am willing to post internationally, just email me with your zipcode/postcode so I can get a shipping estimate
- Payments need to be made via PayPal within 24 hours of receiving your invoice. If you can’t pay within this time, the item will be relisted.
- If you want more photos/measurements/any questions please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) rather than commenting on the post because Blogger is silly and doesn’t let you reply directly to comments.
- If you want to buy something email me (email@example.com), first in best dressed.
- All items will be freshly washed/lint rolled and steamed if applicable (partially so they look nice for you, partially because my at home garment steamer is really fun to use haha) but it’s probably worth mentioning that I do have cats and I do smoke.
Any other questions send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org